Welcome!

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chief Sinner

Celebrating 41st anniversary of Roe vs. Wade

Obama's remarks on Roe vs. Wade"

“Today, as we reflect on the 41st anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, we recommit ourselves to the decision’s guiding principle: that every woman should be able to make her own choices about her body and her health,” the president said.
“We reaffirm our steadfast commitment to protecting a woman’s access to safe, affordable health care and her constitutional right to privacy, including the right to reproductive freedom,” he continued. “And we resolve to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, support maternal and child health, and continue to build safe and healthy communities for all our children.  Because this is a country where everyone deserves the same freedom and opportunities to fulfill their dreams.”
 
That last comment of his is a lie given that the word "everyone" leaves out the babies who are killed in the womb because of abortion (or they are killed in other ways if they survive the abortion).  Babies who are killed by way of abortion do not get the same freedom and opportunities to fulfill their dreams.  As someone pointed out on social media earlier......a dream that entails killing a baby is a sick dream not worth fulfilling in the first place.  Mike S. Adams Adams' Bio posted today "Prior to 1973, America was a nation of people who made sacrifices so their children would have an easier life. In 1973, America became a nation of people who sacrificed their children in order to have an easier life."   I have heard this quote before but it bears repeating.  When it comes to abortion, Americans were sold a smelly, trash-filled swamp wrapped up as a package of  exclusive beachfront property.  I have loved ones who still are in the swamp thinking they are at the beach. 

Wait a second! There is another lie in that statement!   That word "choice"  he used is a lie when it comes to all the women who never (have never and will never) get any choice whether they live or get opportunities to fulfill THEIR dreams.  What about the women who are coerced into abortion by their parents, boyfriends or husbands?   The one thing I hear repeatedly from women who had abortions is "I felt I had no choice".  The word choice here should only apply to the choice of parenting or making an adoption plan. 

There is yet another lie wrapped up in his remarks. The lie about reducing unintended pregnancies.  Since he is in tight conglomeration with Planned Parenthood, who encourages promiscuity and discourages birth for millions of dollars, reduction of "unintended" (and sometimes even the intended!) pregnancies is just not going to happen. They target teens and teach them that no inhibitions should be held when it comes to sex. Recently, a band of parents actually stood up to the school system that was pushing the nasty trash Planned Parenthood made up for a sex-ed curriculum (I believe it might have been Tempe, Arizona).  It is the same message that Margaret Sanger gave when she started her "free love" and eugenics agenda back in the early 20th century.   There is nothing new under the sun! 

Of course, there are other lies wrapped up in his celebration of Roe vs. Wade screed. They are pretty clear ("safe and healthy communities for all our children?....ALL?  As in those 3,700 babies being slaughtered today by abortion?)   He recently told Planned Parenthood "God bless you" and it has to be addressed that he is not talking about the God of the Holy Bible.  I run across many people whose pattern is to make up a little god of their imaginations to justify all the sins that they pick and choose to accept or commit.  One of the quotes I found the other day was  this one "“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”  

I post this because I have been personally guilty of both.  For the longest time, I thought I was a Christian but I was not. I was not saved "born again".  I thought I was pro-life but I was not. I had believed in compromise in that area.  The time I became aware, I hit a crossroad.  It was hurtful to discover I was duped for most of my life by a lot of lies. It was hurtful to realize I was not a  "good" person but a sinner.  OUCH! The next decision was....do I keep embracing the lies?  Do I embrace my sincere ignorance?  Do I want to be a conscientious stupid person?  NO!  

Now my big challenge is to love those who still want to embrace their sincere ignorance and their conscientious stupidity! That is really hard for me.  I struggle on some days to muster that love and understanding.  I have to remember that I was a sinner while Jesus died for my sins on that cross.   After all, the same measure I used to judge and forgive others is the same measure used for me by my Lord.  I have a huge problem hearing about a person who celebrates the murders of millions of babies.  Roe vs. Wade is nothing to celebrate, nothing to reaffirm.  I have to pray for a person who does not know Jesus personally and is so lost.  I am commanded to love that person who said that a baby who survives abortion should not be extended basic life-saving care.  How can anyone be that cold?  That is heartbreaking!

I remember that I once loved my sin and was extremely blind.  There was a time of great cynicism and derision for me.  I felt great terror and anxiety and covered it up with sarcasm and denial.  Scales were on my eyes a foot thick and I had a wall around me 6 feet high and deep.  I was a good actress at times, and I stayed very busy with my Oprah, Rosie O' Donnell, Phil Donahue and a lot of Hollywood entertainment. That is just what it was....empty entertainment.  Satan tried very hard to keep me in his grasp, packaging everything up with humor and subtleties. I bowed to the "Mush God".  Compromise can be SO easy and then the slippery slope becomes a fast-moving avalanche!  

So I must pray for the guy who is slipping fast in the path of the avalanche, who has scales and a wall, in great denial and who bows to the little god of imaginations.  I am commanded to love a guy (and his family) who holds derision for babies, women, men, Christians, marriage and everything that God loves.  I take my sorrows and struggles to God to change ME, to help me love when I am operating in my flesh towards people like him who bow down to the "Mush God".   I am not perfect, only forgiven of my sins and liberated from enslavement.  Now the practical application is to see others through God's eyes, to love them and to share His good news of the Gospel.  For all who shared the Gospel to me, who were patient with me and who loved me in my most chief sinner state, THANK YOU! 

1 Timothy 1:14-16 "And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.  However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment