Welcome!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Champions for Life



Hello Sports Fans for Life!  Wait....is that we are sports fans forever or is that we are fans of saving babies but like sports also?  YES).

Okay, I admit that I am not much of an athlete nor a huge follower of sports (certainly not an athletic.....encourager).   I can't even boast being a good armchair athlete.  In fact, this particular Superbowl Sunday found me at my local crisis pregnancy center assisting in peer counselor training.   Reports of the game were announced and those of you who know me know who I sort of leaned towards for the hopeful winner.   Not gonna' start that here....wouldn't be prudent.  Not gonna' do it.  Although, maybe I should put this in a poll question? 

It's kind of late to be posting this in relation to Superbowl Sunday but 1) it has been SUPER busy this past week (plus I am begging for some sympathy fighting a cold that just came upon me in the past 24 hours) and 2)  I couldn't find this particular clip that I had in mind to post on Sunday.  The first 50 attempts did not bode well.  The 51st entry DID strike paydirt. 

By now, we are all acquainted with Tim Tebow's story and the commercial that was aired a while back during the Superbowl.  This clip posted at the top of this blog came to me through another pro-life warrior just about that time. 

To me, a real man isn't the one who exhibits power, sports a string of letters behind his name in the academic world nor has gained the  bank account as big as Warren Buffett's.  First of all, a real man is sold out for Jesus of the Holy Bible unabashedly and unashamedly.....and because of that, he recognizes that the "least of these" are to be protected and cherished.  A man can don some pads, cleats and a helmet but the real mark is a man who will defend any person who is in need of protection and aid.  I won't go any further than that but that's a real man to me.  By the way, my husband is number 1 in that (and there was a time he also played football too but I didn't know him then).

While I am at it, let me post some other videos that I still appreciate.  Maybe some of the visitors from other parts of the world have not seen these.   Enjoy.



This third "Imagine Spot"  I have a bone to pick with since it says at 5 weeks the heart will beat.   Yes, while it does beat at 5 weeks, it's important to stress that it started beating at around 3 weeks.  I do like accuracy.  The first one was rejected by the television stations for the Superbowl.   

Okay, sports fans, it's late and I am praying for His healing, a good night's sleep and some very effective cold medications.  There are baby booties to crochet tomorrow and clients that will need ministering....this cold is NOT good timing (and really..it's my fault as I have been staying up way too late and not eating right).

Anyone know of any pro-life football players on these two Superbowl teams from 2013?  Yes, I know of ONE (maybe 2),  but if you know of any others, I would love to hear about them.  

I found this website that might interest some: Life Athletes which was started by New York Giants Chris Godfrey. 

Job 33:4
The Spirit of God has made me,
And the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

No comments:

Post a Comment