Welcome!

Saturday, January 26, 2013

MISSISSIPPI ABORTION-FREE--CONFETTI TIME

PRAISE JESUS!!!!!

Well, I am happy to share the awesome news that the Department of Health has shut down the ONE remaining abortion mill in the state of Mississippi in the good ole' USA.   Many abortion mills have shut down in the past year but this one is momentous in that there are ZERO abortion mills existing in this state.  There are even other states that have one remaining abortion chamber and we pray for those to fall, domino-style. Last Abortion Mill in Mississippi .    Abortion mill owners complain about SAFETY measures like widening doorways for gurney access, unbroken stairs, working equipment.  I don't know one liberal in my circle who is going to be happy about an abortion mill closure that shut down for heinous conditions.  Not one.  They will all lament "a bunch of old white men on Capitol Hill is telling me what to do with my body".  Never mind that these mills actually kill women with cases of sepsis, perforated organs, and anesthesia overdoses.  Here's the news flash though.....you can't make abortion SAFE.  It's like saying, "Let's make sure the ovens at Auschwitz operate hotter and cleaner and have some pretty flowers planted out in front of it".   76 page deficiency report at abortion mill

Mark Crutcher, of Life Dynamics, pointed out that when he started out with pro-life ministry in 1992, there were over 2,100 abortion mills in the U.S.   Now in 2013, there are over 600 and he added that most of those are in bad shape.  Many different factors will contribute to their closures.   Many people think that if Roe vs. Wade (and I would think Doe vs. Bolton would have to be as well), were overturned, then we would have 100% abortions illegal.   It would just go back for the individual states to decide for themselves to keep the murder of the unborn legal or illegal.   States such as New York and California which are pretty much without any limits on abortion, don't report their numbers, and could be considered the abortion capitols of the nation (east and west coasts respectively) would keep abortion going.  States like Alabama  and Georgia would move swiftly to make it illegal.

It is quite amazing though, that after 40 years since Roe vs. Wade being forced on the American people by fiat..we will see that it's possible to have a federal decree as toothless and impotent.  It is a victory (but already we see Satan trying to undo this....I'll address this in future blog). 

Awareness is what catches attention first.  My exposure to the world of abortion was non-existent.  I never thought about it, PERIOD.  It never entered my little isolated bubble-world.  Then the bubble popped one day.  I learned what it was....this practice exists?  How could anyone DO THAT?   The natural plan that God had intended was all of  sudden askew.   Of course, my knowledge of post-abortive men and women was non-existent too.   It took awhile but I am thankful today for the knowledge.  Like William Wilberforce once said, (paraphrasing here), You can choose to look away, but now you can't say you never knew". 

Once I got searching though, I was exposed to many kinds of pro-life ministries and levels of activism.  Some are out there on the frontlines at abortion mills trying to desperately reach the women and girls going into abortion mills (willingly and unwillingly).  They are truly the soldiers willing to lay down their lives, willing to sacrifice in various ways to make sure those who go in (or those who work there) are exposed to the truth. 

Others take a different approach.  Some are in the rooms of crisis pregnancy centers sharing this truth in this very private and personal setting....with free ultrasounds and material services readily shared.  Some people feel they are not cut out for either setting but they want the truth out and they march, put bumper stickers on their cars, wear pro-life shirts, go to fundraisers and maybe they share with family, friends and neighbors.  Maybe they just like sharing news on their social networks.   If anything, the most important activism is PRAYER no matter what method of activism is advanced.   Many different groups are out there with many different ideologies....going to college campuses, churches, fairs, walks and marches, public speaking engagements and reaching out to those who were in the abortion businesses themselves.   You see the links at the bottom (and I just realized I need to update AGAIN).  Satan loves to divide and I will have to say that I was very saddened by the in-fighting between groups over which method is the best.

It's like coming to Christ.  So many found and accepted Christ in so many different ways.  The BEST way if fire and brimstone preaching (says one), and then another one says, "No, make a friend and help them find Christ". With others, it's street evangelizing...with some it's helping a homeless ministry....gentle words, truthful words.....many of us could share widely divergent stories of how we came to Christ...quickly, slowly, some feeling fear of Hell or some with feelings of relief and with "liquid love".   One could criticize each method.   I could be criticized with just my blog entry here.  I just say...pray for growth for that one is no longer ignorant.  They may start out slow and mature at a very slow rate....but their roots are strong and deep.  As long as they are going forward....I am thankful.

It took me awhile and I am still praying for advancement myself.  I recognize I don't do nearly as much as I want to do and I am painfully aware of what obstacles I let stand in my way.  I pray for God to keep working on me to keep maturing not just in the ministry of pro-life service but most importantly, my walk with Him. 

I am thankful for all the fellow Christians and fellow pro-life warriors both in my immediate circle and the ones I know distantly thanks to social networks, blogs and quick acquaintances.  It's true, I haven't been in Mississippi this week getting attacked with Mace like Cal Zastrow's group.   It's true, I haven't been working in Mississippi for Personhood or in the halls of government getting this mill shut down.  The only part I have in this is sharing on my blog and social networks.   The only part I have is praying for its permanent shutdown.  The only thing I can really enjoy is letting you know that it happened and reminding you that with God, all things are possible.   We can celebrate what God has done and how He has used His servants to stop the killing in Mississippi.  Now....what state is next?   South Dakota?  North Dakota?  Montana?

Start praying and pray unceasingly!   Will God use YOU to shut down a mill?  Even if that is not something you might partake in someday, share the news of Mississippi with someone TODAY. 

P.S.  It's going to take a few weeks to actually shutdown this mill.  It's not effective today but we can pray that no more babies will be killed in the upcoming weeks.   PRAY for those mommies and babies to be protected even now!

2 Chronicles 20:15 b "Thus says the Lord to you: ‘Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude, for the battle is not yours, but God’s." 



2 Chronicles 20:5-12
 Then Jehoshaphat stood in the assembly of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the Lord, before the new court, and said: “O Lord God of our fathers, are You not God in heaven, and do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations, and in Your hand is there not power and might, so that no one is able to withstand You? Are You not our God, who drove out the inhabitants of this land before Your people Israel, and gave it to the descendants of Abraham Your friend forever? And they dwell in it, and have built You a sanctuary in it for Your name, saying, ‘If disaster comes upon us—sword, judgment, pestilence, or famine—we will stand before this temple and in Your presence (for Your name is in this temple), and cry out to You in our affliction, and You will hear and save.’ 10 And now, here are the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir—whom You would not let Israel invade when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them and did not destroy them— 11 here they are, rewarding us by coming to throw us out of Your possession which You have given us to inherit. 12 O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”

BUT OUR EYES ARE UPON YOU!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment