Welcome!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Facepalm

Don't we all have these moments when God taps us on the shoulders and says, "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?  Tell Me, if you have understanding...?"  What about those moments when He says, "The people are still too many; bring them down to the water, and I will test them for you there."

That realization kind of (and finally) hit me tonight.  A sweet Christian sister had encouraged me recently that unless God revealed to me otherwise, this blog should continue.  I was very appreciative and I took it to heart. 

This past evening (as I see it's now midnight) we started another class for training new lay counselors for the pregnancy resource center.  It's something I always look forward to every time for a variety of reasons which I will detail another time.  I was sitting amongst the new trainees listening to my dear friends explaining God's calling in this ministry.   They were both encouraging the women that like Gideon, we are to look to God to equip us.  We are weak and we get overwhelmed by the thought of what God has called us to do.  Then He changes plans like whittling down our armies.  Why?   So everyone will see that it's not about US....it's about HIM and the glory is all for Him.  He is to be exalted....not us.  Not me.

Exact words kind of escape me now (it has been a long day) but the charge was this..."You may feel weak and may feel ill-equiped, but you are His Gideons and HE will equip you".   This a big world with a lot of evil and there's a lot of fighting to do in the spiritual realm but God has called you to do your part. He wouldn't call you to do something and then send you out with nothing.  Oh yes.....here's another confirmation.....it was an email from the sister I mentioned above.  From Anne Graham Lotz (which I'll post below in its entirety so it may encourage you too).   The title was, "With God, You're a Majority".  Another nudge and tap. 

Okay, okay, okay, God.  I get it.  I really do.  It was confirmation.  Head down....face in palm.  Sigh. 

Ya' know...I HAVE been wrong before......so one would think this isn't such a big deal to just be wrong AGAIN.  It won't be the last time either.  It's just a reminder that I have to be continually reminded......He's in charge, I am not. I just want to be in the center of His will and to be obedient.  I just don't want to be one of those people who have a form of godliness and denying its power.   He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and He owns the hills.  Trust, trust, trust.  It's not about the blog.  It's not about the lay counseling of clients.  It's about trusting in Him for everything.  I am so glad and grateful that He keeps putting up with THIS sheep who needs her Shepherd.  I am grateful for His mercy, His grace, His forgiveness, His power and His Love.....and His Son.

I love Him so.
AnGeL Ministries Website



With God, You're a Majority

He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6, NKJV
God is looking for a few good men and women. Men and women who are willing
to go against the current of popular opinion,
to hold firm convictions in a world where "anything goes,"
to speak the truth when it is not politically correct,
to walk with God when everyone else is running away from Him.
God is looking for those who believe
that what He says is more important than what anyone else says,
that what He thinks is more important than what anyone else thinks,
that what He wants is more important than what anyone else wants.
that His will is more important than their own.
God is looking for another Noah. Another Meshach. Another Shadrach. Another Abednego. One person with God is not alone but a majority!
Blessings,
sc-signature
Anne Graham Lotz

No comments:

Post a Comment