Welcome!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

How Did We Get Here?

First of all, we need to pray for a 16 year old old in New Jersey.  Her parents are forcing an abortion on her and while they have been served the "Dear Parent" letters instructing them on legal ramifications for coercion, the parents are still proceeding.  The next step has been taken and that's to warn all the abortion facilities in the area.   The letter "Dear Abortion Facilitator" will be sent as a warning to let them know that a female is about to enter their facility who is being forced into an abortion against her will.   This makes her "radioactive" to the point that abortionists will refuse to go through with it.  

I sent out a prayer request for this situation yesterday and I was asked, "How is this legal?"   "What about the father's rights?"  "Can't adoption be the answer for this?"  This is truly a muck-filled marsh when it comes to the explanation of how it's perfectly acceptable to dismember a human being with a crowd cheering in approval.  Where are the cheering crowds?   They comprise of the Supreme Court judges and the lawyers who pushed forth Roe vs. Wade, Doe vs. Bolton, Griswold vs. Connecticut, Planned Parenthood of Central Missouri vs. Danforth and many other cases.  It also includes the many workers of Planned Parenthood, NARAL members, and a good 95% of Hollywood and press, mainstream media peddlers.   Nothing new is under the sun though is it?  A thought popped into my mind as I typed this.   It's no different than a whole coliseum cheering when people were torn apart by lions.   Same bloodthirst, just a different time and place.

This post has been a long time coming and the fact that it has taken me this long to address it has been more out of a concern to get it correct.   As I told a friend, it has been like a school research project in which I need to hit the library with my index cards (yeah, I am dating myself).  Only there's no  real deadline other than an absence of posts showing I have maybe forgotten or abandoned this blog.  

I am not a legal scholar and I know there are so many knowledgeable and talented authors who can explain these cases better and with great detail.  Of course, there's always worldview too.  Those who are for abortion will explain in a way that makes Roe vs. Wade the pinnacle of history.   Of course, there are those like me who recognize that abortion is an evil act and we saw Satan dance for joy on January 22, 1973 (well, we did).

Since this is the page for new pro-lifers, here's the plan.   First of all, I'll explain simply the "overview" aka "Just the facts, ma'am" approach.   When I first became pro-life, all I had ever heard of Roe vs. Wade but I didn't know what it said or how it came to be.  I had never heard of Doe vs. Bolton nor the other cases.   All I knew was that Roe made abortion legal.  I didn't know any legalities of WHY it was bad law.   I still scratch my head as to how it all came to pass but hey, I wasn't there!!!   This all happened when I was just a month short of being 7 years old!  This didn't get taught in schools.   We heard about Marbury vs. Madison and Dred Scott but Roe was either ignored or mentioned in quick passing.  I frankly don't remember Roe in any of my classes of government or social studies. 

When will I start?  Tomorrow.  My time is up for today as it's a full day of activities.   I have baby booties to crochet.  You really wouldn't want to prevent me from keeping some babies' feet warm would you?   :)   Those little toes need to be covered!!  We give out to each girl or woman a pair of handmade baby booties when the pregnancy test comes up positive.  I'll have to post some pictures of the cute baby booties that our volunteers have crocheted (or knitted).   Many other things are given for free to the mommies such as blankets, baby clothes, baby furniture, maternity clothes, formula, diapers, baby food and most importantly the Gospel/love.   They can refuse the Gospel of course, but we DO love on them!!!  And we really do love them. 

Seriously, I need to get a move-on because I forgot we were sorting candy today too (in like 15 minutes!!!) ACK! 

I'll admit I got this from verse-of-the-day but it applies to today's subject when we talk about truth and about the thoughts and intents of the heart.  We had human judges' thoughts and intents when it came to what would happen to a baby in the womb.    Where was truth in these men's judgments when it was announced it was acceptable to dismember that infant based on "privacy" and that the unborn baby wasn't a person deserving of protection? 

Hebrews 4:12
“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”

No comments:

Post a Comment