Welcome!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Cleaning the Causeway

Here's the Texas Prairie Dog popping up out of the tunnel.  I have been traveling and about all kinds of business here and there. The wind has been rather blustery recently and causing all kinds of stuff to blow around.  All this affects my sinuses so basically I had no concentration yesterday to blog.

I will catch a news report here and there about pro-life issues and I have such an eagerness to post it here on the blog.  Usually this happens when I realize that I need to be out the door in about 30 minutes or dinner needs to be cooked, etc.  By the time I really get the block of time I want to spend for what qualifies in MY mind as "quality writing", I am pretty much done-in....shattered.....kablooey?  What's kablooey?   That's the sound of my brain imploding at the end of the night.  I am a great procrastinator on top of all of this.

Then there are those days that I just contemplate that maybe there isn't really any reason to blog any reports.  All the websites that report these things are at everybody's fingertips already.  The information in this huge world is at everyone's disposal by only a click away.  This is a redundant website.  Then add the fact that I am not a very organized person.  That is an understatement.  I am a very disorganized person but always fighting those disorganzed tendencies.

Yet, I am back here now...with a headache, a list of things to do, a pile of papers next to this computer and a load of subjects that could be blogged.  Well, I am sort of here....for a little while.  I have a board meeting tonight in a faraway land (Yes, I hear you locals chuckling at that). 

What is on my mind?  Loving the unlovable.  I am almost finished with a book called Chasing the Dragon.  I found it on a table at a conference this past weekend.  I had always wanted to read abut Jackie Pullinger but never followed up on it.  Jackie's story is about a British woman who goes to Hong Kong in the 1960's and reaches out to the Triad gangs, opium and heroin addicts and the prostitutes in the Walled City.  God used her to reach hundreds of very lost souls in the worst conditions imaginable.

I am not going into any detail about this right now.  Call it processing, mulling or pondering but I am still in a mode of examination at this point.  I know I don't love as Jesus does.  Since I was saved,  I love more than I used to do and yet, realistically, at times, I love less than I used to in many other ways.  If that sounds confusing, I am blaming it on my headache!!!

At the end of the day though, I do know this:
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

That pretty much covers Jackie's story in a nutshell.  Put me in that group of sinners just as spiritually destitute as those addicts and gang members.  I am cleansed and healed by His stripes but also still very much a work-in-progress.

Well, that is it for now.  I have a lot of stuff percolating in this aching brain but I really need to go pray.  Pray for my headache, pray for my wicked heart, and pray for a lot of people and situations.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment