Welcome!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ask Them What They Mean by "Choice"

Last night I started my blog entry and rather late in the evening at that. Knowing I had to get up at 6 am, my heart sank to see the hour hand at 2 am. Nowhere was I close to finishing but then at that moment, I thought I lost the whole entry. With that new bit of information, resignation set in and slumber beckoned me.

Here we meet again! The blog entry wasn't lost but maybe it was just best that it never saw the light of day. It wasn't a horrible entry but expressing my feelings about the infamous event is overwhelming. This is not a subject that fits in today's sitcom scheduling mindset with everything solved by the end credits and umpteen commercials. On the contrary, the entry I would like to convey could use an intermission.

Yet, I cannot expound on anything new. As Shakespeare is attributed to writing,
"To gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
To throw a perfume on the violet,
To smooth the ice, or add another hue
Unto the rainbow, or with taper-light
To seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish,
Is wasteful and ridiculous excess."

Does this mean I quit the blog altogether? Certainly that could happen someday but not for now. While it's true that there's not much of a personal nature worth sharing, there is much to share of that big world of blogs, websites and news articles. The job is to dragnet and funnel all the pertinent bits and pieces just enough to give you a curiosity to venture off into your own investigations.

Once upon a time there was a young lady who didn't question very much of her surroundings or the things told her. She was quite happy to just subsist day-by-day in an existence of watching Oprah, Rosie O' Donnell and Phil Donahue. People magazine was interesting to her too. She did feel passionately about some subjects but she didn't strike out very far to search further as to why or what or how those subjects affected her.

One day she realized that she had believed in lies. At first, it was revealed that the lie was by omission. What OTHER things were being held back? What started out a trickle soon became a floodgate wide open. The young woman read and read and researched for many years. She shared what she had learned and many people were interested in those subjects.

Soon though, they kept asking her to look up this and that and the other thing. They praised her and said, "How is it that you know these things? You are very smart!!" Did THEY not have computers? Did they not have the internet? Did they not have libraries or bookstores at their disposal?

None of those things were the case. This young lady was no smarter than they were nor any cleverer. She had the same resources they had and the same opportunities. The difference was curiosity and drive. As the lady researched more and more, she realized how much she didn't know. Wasn't that exciting though? Who wanted to join her in this wonderful world of learning? She tried to get the others to join along. She didn't mind their questions at all and she wanted to learn from them. She just wanted to have partners-in-curiosity. This group gave up asking questions, got bored and then ....well, what can we say?..she wasn't so smart after all, in fact, she was downright pedantical and glory be....she had an AGENDA (oh, the horrors). By the way....yes I DO have an AGENDA. I may just change this blog name to An Agenda for LIFE...a subtitle.

Maybe you guessed the young lady (at that time) was me. Yes, I had a passion for research and learning once I was stoked. Still do. It's rewarding to obtain information that can be helpful or to gain understanding. It's satisfying to know that others can benefit from that information. It's my hope that the information will spark others to keep going and learning.

Many of the people I know today are my partners-in-curiosity. They DO research and share their findings with me. It's a great give-and-take and I am grateful to know many who send me fascinating articles or share stimulating information. If you don't, that's okay.....I love everybody regardless of whether they send me info or not! :)

So here's a good website for today January 22, 2012 (Jill's blog www.JillStanek.com). Can I expound on Roe vs. Wade or Doe vs. Bolton today? Yeah, I probably could but there are so many good websites out there that have loftier goals, more eloquent observations and better vocabularies. There are some out there that without a doubt, ARE more knowledgeable.

I just encourage you to come visit here on occasion...glean what you can and I pray that those gleanings will spark a question or a thought that will spark another question or thought. Please ask those questions (which if I can answer, I will happily do so) and then take a look at the list of books, videos, songs, websites and other resources at the bottom of my blog. I hear a horn (foxhunting?).....get your pinks on, leap on your mighty steed and tally ho!!!!!!

Then share your spoils.... :) Jolly good!


http://www.jillstanek.com/2012/01/sunday-ask-them-what-they-mean-by-choice-day/#comments

Jill exhorts all of us pro-lifers to ask the abortion proponents "What do you mean by choice?" This question and other opportunities to share and discuss must be accompanied by LOVE. I often forget that sometimes. I DO have a great capacity to love those who are resistant to truth (only by the grace of God when I am not working in my flesh). I have to LOVE because I was that ONE resistant to truth. Sometimes my manner of flippitude doesn't reflect that. I admit that sometimes I am the empty gong. Mea culpa!

All right dear ones, I must sign off as I am off to church. Please pray for those who are hurting today....they are the ones who had the abortions and they may see many reminders of something they never repented or maybe they still need a great amount of healing.

We are cleansed in His blood no matter the transgression. Sin blotted out! Forgiveness!!! Love!!! Praise Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment