Welcome!

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Multitudes



Sometimes it is really difficult to wrap our minds around numbers.  Someone sent me an email many years ago showing what a million looked like but I think the focus was in a million cigarettes, plastic bottles and plastic bags.  I went searching to see if it was out there on the "intraweb" as my husband jokingly calls it.  There was no success but it was a cursory search. 

Immediately, I thought of the number of babies lost to abortion when this email came to me.  Over the years, I have seen different examples to show what that loss would look like.  The above video shows it in states which is helpful but you have to have a good idea of population in those locations.  Someone from New York may not have an inkling of what Montana's population is like.  Although, some from New York may be more concerned about the moose population over the people population (notice I said "some").  Likewise, any person who has never visited a city over 1 million in population may not grasp 1 million people missing. 

Unless you lined people up, or placed them in a stadium or however you like to picture it, the number of 55,000,000 is not easy to understand.  I am not a numbers-crunchin' kind of gal.  Yet, another video came to light recently that did help me grasp the horrible enormity of human life lost.

Even ONE abortion is too many.  The standard is high....zero abortions.  Since 1973, our nation has been annhilated by the sin of secular humanism.  The sin of pride that says that humans are higher than God and humans ways are better than God's ways, not the other way around. 

I watched this video and kept saying "Stop" and "Oh no, not another container....certainly this is the last".  I thought about a lot of people God created who never got a chance to live their lives.  Then I started thinking about the people God created who I know now.  Think of a thousand people you  know either presently or have known in the past.  Even those 1,000 would only represent one bead in that cylinder. 

Sidenote here:  I love babies very much.  My family kind of pokes gentle fun about my love for babies and how I will always zero in on babies (and toddlers) in public.  The world is going to Hell in a luge but a sleeping baby or a little toddler waving hello just gives me that one little moment of bliss.  I will still take the picture of a baby spitting-up and a toddler throwing a tantrum over having to see or hear Alan Grayson or Debbie Wasserman-Schultz/Wendy Davis.  Who?  Oh, politicians having tantrums and whine-fest spit-ups.  Gotcha'!

The reason I bring up babies is that one in four babies is aborted.  Can you imagine going out today and counting one out of four babies as gone?  That's sick and heartbreaking.  The ironic thing is we may never know if one of those babies was rescued at the last minute from abortion.  I know of some and I am so grateful they are here with us. 

In my family we have had 17 people (and most likely it will keep growing) born as a result of one woman making a choice for life instead of death.  Out of the 8 grandchildren, we may see 16 or 24 + great-grandchildren someday.   When you think of the family trees missing from 55 million (and that number is the least amount of recorded, surgical abortions since 1973), we are missing many more cylinders of people.......just for the United States. 

It is mind-boggling.  Some will scream "population control" and "overcrowded planet" but I have long since learned that those are lies just like every lie that is attached with abortion. 

I am going to end this blog on a vision that takes place in Heaven.  The video is of an empty glass cylinder.  All abortions stopped, all of the beads gone.  The babies who were aborted are there along with the babies who died from miscarriage as well as the babies who died just hours, days, weeks, months (and yes, toddlers...) after their earthly arrival.  King David lost his baby son and he said, "And he said, “While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?’ But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” 2 Samuel 12:22-23.

I know God is good, just and compassionate.  His promises are faithful.  While I do not know specifically all of His plans and ways because He is God, I know and trust in His plans and ways will be perfect.  Heaven will be a place of no more pain and no more tears!   I am looking forward to Revelation 22:20-21  He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!  The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

AND GOD's CHILDREN SAY.....AMEN!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment